Advanced Capabilities in a Portable Package
- Rugged, purpose-built portable navigator with built-in GPS/GLONASS receiver and 5-inch sunlight-readable screen
- Intuitive, simple touchscreen operation and single power button make getting around the display a cinch
- 3D Vision perspective view shows terrain, obstacles, airport environment, optional traffic, nearest airport and more
- Wireless cockpit connectivity via Connext® streams weather and traffic from compatible devices
- Cut the cord and database prices with Wi-Fi® database downloads and the affordable Garmin Navigation Database
Connect With Your Panel:
With an optional power/data cable (sold separately), the aera 660 connects with your Garmin avionics to accept flight plans from your GTN 750/650 navigators, as well as upload frequencies to the standby position of your GTR 200 Comm radio, GTR 225 Comm radio or GNC 255 NAV/COMM radio. It also provides your Garmin NAV/COMM radios with the GPS position source required to look up nearest frequencies.
Complete Flight Mapping
The aera 660 aviation portable comes preloaded with detailed flight mapping, terrain and obstacles alerting, U.S., European and Canadian SafeTaxi® charts and AOPA Airport Directory or optional AC-U-KWIK global airport directory to put a wealth of resources right at your fingertips — including local fuel prices (U.S. only). The graphical Terrain page offers both overhead and vertical profile views of the topography beneath you. Switch to IFR map mode to display and navigate on high or low enroute airways, and use your touchscreen map cursor to reference MEAs (Minimum Enroute Altitudes) and distances between intersections. The aera 660 even provides vertical navigation (VNAV) guidance to simplify en-route transitions.
You’ll stay aware of special airspace activity with more than 650 parachute drop zone details (U.S. only) and get 1-touch airspace information. Garmin Smart Airspace™ guidance conveniently highlights the airspace nearest your current altitude and de-emphasizes non-pertinent airspace so you can quickly identify your location relative to the airspace around you. And, of course, the aera 660 includes our signature direct-to and nearest-airport navigation.
- Using Bluetooth® connectivity via Garmin Connext technology, the aera 660 easily interfaces with compatible devices to cut the clutter in your cockpit and improve your flying experience. With a Garmin GDL® 52 portable ADS-B/SiriusXM® receiver or GTX 345 all-in-one ADS-B transponder, you can access and display ADS-B subscription-free weather¹ and advanced traffic alerts, including TargetTrendTM relative motion tracking and TerminalTrafficTM, so you’re aware of potential conflicts in busy terminal airspace. It even allows wireless control of Garmin VIRB® action cameras to start and stop recording and capture photos.
The aera 660 fulfills the role of either a Class I or Class II electronic flight bag, greatly reducing the need to rely on paper charts in the cockpit. U.S. geo-referenced VFR sectional and IFR enroute charts come preloaded to show your aircraft’s position overlaid directly on the relevant chart, and optional European and Canadian VFR and IFR charts and airport diagrams are also available.
When in IFR map mode, the aera 660 can display victor airways, jet routes, leg distance and more, similar to traditional enroute charts. Plus, pilots who prefer Jeppesen charts and diagrams can use built-in ChartView capability, which uses Jeppesen’s extensive library to provide global geo-referenced charting capabilities. European users receive European VFR Map enhancements to see even more visual reference points, including borders, lakes, roads, grasslands, parks and more.